We play the Drive’s New Years in Vegas contest just after 7 Wednesday morning and it’s a What The Heck is That Wednesday on the Big Smart Head. Guess what this sound is… (Clue it’s ‘out’ then ‘in’ and it repeats a couple more times.)
Some excuses bosses said they got for employees being late for work. Got any to add to the list? Call or text Doug & Wendy 250-649-0993
- “I drove to my old job out of habit.”
- “I thought I was still on vacation.”
- “I had nothing to wear.”
- “I thought it was Saturday.”
- My hair got caught in a fan.”
- “I super-glued my eye thinking it was contact solution.”
- “Geese chased me on my way to the car.”
- My cat delivered its litter of kittens.”
- “Someone spilled their coffee all over me on the way to work.”
- “I was stuck in an elevator with a kid that pushed the buttons for all of the floors.”
- A truck full of fish flipped over on the highway.”
- “My dog ate my car keys.”
- “I got locked in the gas station restroom and had to wait for someone to get me out.”
Our qualifying prize this week is a $25 GC to 3 Sisters Rock & Gems and all qualifiers will be invited to our giveaway part where someone will win a trip to Vegas December 29 – January 2 from Carlson Wagonlit Travel including: Return Airfare PG to Las Vegas and 4 Nights Accommodation at the Golden Nugget on Freemont Street. There’s a pic of the Golden Nugget’s pool and tank…look at the cute fish swimming in the tank.
It’s Daryl Hall‘s birthday today. He’s 71. When Hall & Oates were working together they were the most prolific songsters in pop history. They are not best-selling music duo of all time but because of their chart success Billboard lists them as the number one duo of all time. The Carpenters beat them in record sales.
Apparently Bono put Argentina’s president on the spot regarding activist Santiago Maldonado, who disappeared two months ago during a protest although no one’s saying exactly what he said to the president. Maldonado was involved in a protest that demanded clothing company Benetton return lands to an indigenous people.
The 1984 Queen song “I Want To Break Free” might have been a bigger hit in the states if Americans had understood the joke in the video. Brian May says they dressed up as female characters from “Coronation Street.” The show wasn’t as popular in the U.S. and they must have thought it was just rockers being a little weird. It was the same time there was a lot of speculation about Freddie Mercury‘s sexuality. M-T-V chose not to play the video. May says the British audience got the joke.
The Grammys will be airing a show of some classic moments and some of the stuff we’ve never seen. The show “Grammys Greatest Stories: A 60th Anniversary Special” will feature appearances by Dave Grohl, Elton John, Bruno Mars, Chris Martin, Paul McCartney, Ed Sheeran, Bruce Springsteen, Sting, and U-2. CBS will broadcast the show November 24th on C-B-S.