A very scary fundraiser. The proof is in the pants. Have a listen to our interview with Chris Bennett. And a new album from Gord Downie. All on the Doug & Wendy blog.
Doug & Wendy still haven’t found out exactly what was wrong with Steven Tyler. He cancelled a few shows in South American but did return to the stage for the David Foster benefit in Vancouver this past weekend. He looks ok but David Foster was having a bit of trouble with something.
Today is the last day to qualify for our Drive’s New Years in Vegas contest. Here’s our question for this morning. “The movie Reindeer Games was shot in Prince George years ago. What year did that movie come out?” Listen for your cue to call after eight for your chance to qualify for The Drive’s New Years in Vegas contest.
Be our Big Smart Head this morning and win ten New York Fries bucks and our Drive coffee mug. Here’s the question…..“This is -63 C. What is it?”
More music news;
A London exhibition dedicated to Prince opened today at London’s O2 arena. It’s called “My Name is Prince” and features some of his instruments, clothing, handwritten lyrics and lots of other artifacts owned by Prince. It runs until January 7th. Prince played the O-2 Arena for 3 weeks back in 2007. Click the pic for more.
Eminem’s new album announcement is like an ad for a new drug. It’s long and…dry? subtle..no not subtle …You decide.
Get the Drive App and get ready a notification just before we play some of the Drive’s contests. to win some of our contests. Sometimes you need The Drive App to win. Get it HERE.
Thousands of classified documents regarding the assassination of President John F. Kennedy are now online. President Trump ordered the release of 28-hundred records, but withheld the release of other documents as they undergo further security review…(Hey it’s only been a half a century!…ok I underestimate by a few years)
They say the documents don’t contain any major revelations and that about 90% of the available records are already public. Here are a few bits;
- The Soviets were worried ‘irresponsible’ Americans could launch a missile if Kennedy was killed. Soviet Union leaders also considered Oswald a “neurotic maniac who was disloyal to his own country and everything else.”
- Officials were looking for Oswald prior to the assassination.
- Oswald spoke to ‘member of KGB assassination unit.’ In a 1963 call intercepted in Mexico City, Oswald asked if there was “anything new concerning the telegram to Washington.”
- In the wake of Kennedy’s assassination, the Cuban ambassador to the US is said to have reacted with “happy delight.”
- FBI warned Dallas police of threat to kill Oswald – The FBI warned Dallas police of a death threat to Lee Harvey Oswald, according to a memo by director J Edgar Hoover, but the police failed to protect him.
- The FBI was concerned about conspiracy theories from the start.
- A British newspaper was warned in advance. Less then 30 minutes before the shooting, a reporter with “Cambridge Evening News” got a call and was told to call the US Embassy for “some big news.”
The documents are available on the U.S. National Archives website, which you can find HERE.