WHEN: Sunday, June 25 | Registration at 10am | Walk at 11:00am
WHERE: Lheidli T’enneh Memorial Park MORE INFO OR TO REGISTER: www.walkforals.ca
MORE ON THE WALK:
* Help find a cure for Lou Gehrig’s Disease!
* Join the walk and take part in fun family activities and entertainment, and enjoy some great food, refreshments and a free ALS T-Shirt!
MORE ON THE DISEASE:
* ALS takes everything… your mobility, your speech, your money and ultimately your life
* ALS is also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease that attacks the motor neurons that transmit electrical impulses from the brain to voluntary muscles in the body.
* When these muscles fail to receive messages, they lose strength, atrophy and die
* ALS can hit anyone, at any time, regardless of age, gender or ethnic origin
* The average life expectancy after diagnosis is 3-5 years
* The ALS mission is to find the cause of a cure for ALS and has a commitment to providing support for ALS patients, their families and caregivers.
BROUGHT TO YOU BY: CKPG & 99.3 The Drive