Approximately 625 children from Prince George visit BC Children’s hospital every year. Make a donation this weekend and make sure it’s there when the kids need it. Here are some details about this weekends telethon.
Its the 28th annual BC Children’s Hospital Miracle Weekend on Global BC
· Broadcasting live from the Child & Family Research Institute at Children’s Hospital
· Saturday, May 30 starting at 7pm until Sunday, May 31 at 5:30pm.
· Miracle Weekend is the culmination of a yearlong fundraising initiative that involves corporations and community groups from across BC
· Estimated to raise $17 million for the urgent needs of Children’s Hospital
· Funds raised go to support the ongoing urgent needs, such as purchasing vital equipment; supporting clinical care, research and development, and staff and family education programs.
· BC Children’s Hospital is one of North America’s leading pediatric hospitals and is the largest full-service child health centre in Canada, serving over one million children in BC.
· The Hospital provides services in areas such as pediatric intensive care, kidney, heart and bone marrow transplants, complex bone and heart surgeries and cancer treatment.
· In 2014, over 84,000 kids from across BC and the Yukon made over 227,000 visits to the hospital
· Be sure to tune in to Miracle Weekend this weekend, and make a donation! You can donate now online to www.miracleweekend.com.
Get social with us:
· Twitter: @bcchf
· Facebook: www.facebook.com/BCChildrens
· Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/bcchf/
· Instagram: instagram.com/bcchf
· YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/bcchf
· Flickr: www.flickr.com/bcchf
· For Twitter and Instagram Tag your posts so we can find them!